Two Workouts Featured In All 2022 CrossFit Semifinals Revealed
On May 10, 2022, CrossFit HQ released the two Semifinals workouts for Individuals and Teams that will be part of all 10 Semifinal contests. For the 2022 Semifinals, athletes in each contest will perform six workouts; four are programmed by each Semifinal organizer, and CrossFit programs two.
The two workouts programmed by CrossFit will be featured at every Semifinal as a way to have more comparable results across contests. This is a targeted improvement from years past when each Semifinal was its own contest with its own programming that filtered qualified athletes to the same CrossFit Games. Check out the revealed workouts below:
View this post on Instagram
[Related: Rogue Fitness Turkish Get-Up Challenge Results — Garbo, Baumgartner Win]
Workout One | Individuals
The first Semifinal workout is a throwback to 2014 Regional Event 5.
10 rounds for time:
Time cap: 11 minutes.
Workout Two | Individuals
The second workout performed at all Individual Semifinals is a barbell complex:
Three attempts for max load of:
View this post on Instagram
[Related: Mat Fraser Discusses Being Sober Since 17 and Channeling His "Addictive" Personality]
Workout One | Team
For time, starting with the female pair:
- 40 thrusters | Women: 95 pounds / Men: 135 pounds
- Six legless rope climbs
- 30 thrusters
- Four legless rope climbs
- 20 thrusters
- Two legless rope climbs
Immediately followed by the male pair.
Time cap: 20 minutes.
Workout Two | Team
Team Snatch Ladder (in pounds):
- 185 pounds
- 195 pounds
- 205 pounds
- 215 pounds
- 225 pounds
- 235 pounds
- 245 pounds
- 255 pounds
- 265 pounds
- 275 pounds
Eleventh platform staged at 285 pounds.
- 135 pounds
- 140 pounds
- 145 pounds
- 150 pounds
- 155 pounds
- 160 pounds
- 165 pounds
- 170 pounds
- 175 pounds
- 180 pounds
Eleventh platform staged at 185 pounds.
2022 CrossFit Semifinals Schedule
Four of the 10 CrossFit Semifinals will be in North America. Two Semifinals will occur in Europe. Oceania, Asia, Africa, and South America will each host one Semifinal. The full schedule and known locations of the Semifinals events are below:
Week One — May 20-22, 2022
- Torian Pro — Oceania | Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, Australia
- CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown — Europe
- Syndicate Crown — North America | Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
Week Two — May 26-29, 2022
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge — North America | Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
- CrossFit Fittest in Capetown — Africa | Coetzenburg Sport Centre, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch
The following Age Groups will compete this week: 14-15, 16-17, 35-39, 40-44, and 45-49.
Week Three — June 2-5, 2022
- Far East Throwdown — Asia | Busan, South Korea
- Granite Games — North America | Minneapolis, MN
The Adaptive division Semifinals are scheduled for this week and the following Age Groups: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65+.
Week Four — June 10-12, 2022
- CrossFit Copa Sur — South America | Shopping Vitória, Enseada Do Suá, Vitória
- Strength In Depth — Europe | ExCeL London, London, England
- Atlas Games — North America | Complexe Sportif Claude Robillard, Montreal, Québec, Canada
The 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games will take place August 4-7, 2022, in Madison, WI.
Featured image: @crossfitgames on Instagram